This session was only for people who were invited along so the lines were not too bad, not like what I heard they were like the couple of days before and what could be seen in the photo from the Press below. No big queues of people outside only about 50 to 75 of us inside. So it only took about 40-45 minutes to get through everything.
This is the only thing they handed out to us apart from the form we had to fill out with our details.
EXTRAS INFORMATION SHEET
Thank you for expressing your interest in being an extra for "The Lord of the Rings". It will take us a Long time to process all the information collected today and e will only be able to contact you if we are interested in hiring you. Because of the nature of this film, all the extras need to be hand-picked by the casting directors and there are very specific height and size requirements per the advertisements. It is unfortunate that we will not be able to use everyone who is interested, but we will keep the details collected today on file for future reference.
IF YOU HAVE NEVER BEEN AN EXTRA ON A FILM BEFORE IT IS USEFUL NOTE:
5. A day of filming is usually 12 hours long, with start times sometimes as early as 6.00am
6. There is often a lot of waiting around for the scene you are into be filmed - this can often be boring.
7. Sometimes when filming outdoors, the weather can be unpleasant.
8. If it is hard for you to get time off work at short notice you may find it difficult to be involved as the schedule can change at short notice and the production may not be able to give you much advance warning.
IF YOU TURNED UP TODAY AND DID NOT FIT INTO THE BRIEF SPECIFIED IN THE NEWSPAPER ADVERTISEMENT:
- We are unable to see you, but we would like you to send a photo of your face and a full-length photo with any contact and performance details to : THREE FOOT SIX LIMITED, P.O. BOX 15 083 MIRAMAR, WELLINGTON - Attention Casting Director. This way we can add you to our files and will be able to contact you should you be suitable for something in the future.
Thank you for your patience and enthusiasm for this project
So it looks like if you're in New Zealand and would like to be involved as an extra just send a couple of photos of yourself and your details to :
THREE FOOT SIX LIMITED,
P.O. BOX 15 083